Festival Accès Asie is run by a collective of Asian artists, workers and cultural activists. The Festival features visual arts exhibitions, performances of music, dance and theatre, film and video screenings, panel discussions, readings and forums on various art disciplines.
Asia is divided into five major realms:
- East Asia, including China, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, and Japan;
- Southeast Asia, including Myanmar (formerly known as Burma), Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Brunei, and the Philippines;
- South Asia, including India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Nepal, and Bhutan;
- Southwest Asia, including Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Cyprus, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, and Kuwait.
- The fifth realm consists of the area of Russia that lies east of the Ural Mountains (Russian Asia) and the states of Central Asia that were formerly part of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR). These states are Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
Call for Submissions
The Festival is held annually in the month of May and features visual arts exhibitions, performances of music, dance and theatre, film and video screenings, panel discussions, readings and forums on various arts disciplines.
Applicants wishing to submit their work for inclusion in the festival should send in digital format and / or in hard copy format:
- All contact information, e.g. name, mailing address, telephone, email, website, fax.
- A short 2-3 sentence long artist biography
- History of artist’s works or performances
- Technical needs
- A curriculum vitae
- Supporting documents (promotional material, press clippings etc.)
- Name and biography of group, names and biographies of members of the group (if applicable)
- A detailed description of the proposed project (if applicable)
- One color photograph of group or artist of three inches by five inches (if applicable)
- Depending on the type of project, videotapes or audiocassettes containing examples of the applicant’s work should also be submitted.
- For visual artists: please also include a short 2-3 sentence long artist’s statement of purpose and ten to fifteen slides or ten to fifteen color laser photocopies of your works.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications will NOT be returned. Applications are accepted throughout the year, however, applications should be submitted at least seven months prior to the festival in which the applicant wishes to participate (deadline is September 1st for the edition held during the following month of May). Submissions received less than seven months before a given festival will be considered for the following year.
For further information, you may contact the Accès Asie Festival:
Khosro Berahmandi, Artistic Director