Call for Presentations for the 2nd National Asian Heritage Month Symposium
Connection – Action – Momentum – Solidarity
Strengthening Asian Canadian Arts, Culture and Heritage
About the Symposium:
On behalf of myself and the Festival Acces Asie, we are excited to be organizing the 2nd National Asian Heritage Month Symposium, to be held on September 10-13, 2020. We hope to create actions that address the challenges that festivals, organizations and artists are facing across the country preventing Asian Heritage from flourishing. We hope to unite around common goals and create a National Network for those working in arts and culture promoting Asian heritage.
We want this symposium to include your voice! Therefore, we invite you to submit a proposal for presentation to be held during the symposium on Sept 11, 2020.
Presentations must be of actions on how you are using arts and culture to:
- resolve barriers and challenges;
- create steps to bring greater visibility; and
- strengthen Asian Heritage for Asian Canadians.
Themes could include (but are not limited to): access, inclusion, funding solutions, succession, resource gathering and distribution, over-coming inter-generational challenges, touring circuits, residency, promotion, anti-asian racism actions, and First Nations solidarity.
- A model example that you have successfully accomplished and want to share with the national community that can be replicated elsewhere, or
- A pitch for national involvement in a project you are/will be currently engaged in, or
- A training related to one of the above themes
Presentations are open to individuals, collectives and organizations.
- Your name
- Your city
- Your bio
- A high-resolution image related to your presentation
- Title of presentation
- A 150 word abstract of the presentation
- Themes you are tackling (5 words max)
- An audio mp3 less than 45 seconds that invites people to attend your session with a brief description
- An access to do the presentation on Zoom (if you need training on how to use the platform please let us know)
Presentations must be no longer than 45 minutes long that includes a 25 minute maximum presentation and 20 minutes of discussion.
DUE: August 9, 2020 at 6pm EST
Please submit to Farah Fancy at [email protected] with the subject Symposium presentation proposal or write to me with any questions.
Thanks so much on behalf of the Symposium Team,