Call for choreographers for a Cambodian residency
Festival Accès Asie is developing a new partnership with the Neang Kong Kental (NKK) Dance Center in Cambodia, which will consist of a pairing of two artists (one Canadian of Asian origin, the other Cambodian) for a three-weeks residency in Cambodia, followed by three presentations in Cambodia and three presentations in Canada (including Montreal and Toronto).
The project is driven by a desire for dialogue and sharing between the artists of these two countries, and will be realized by a collaborative creation, complementary creation, or other format chosen by the artists.
The NKK Dance Centre is a new venue dedicated to contemporary dance, located in nature, about 30 minutes from the Angkor temples. It consists of a dance studio (30 x 50ft) and close by accommodation. The residency at the NKK Dance Center will be accompanied by a mentorship with choreographer-performer Peter Chin, based between Canada (Toronto) and Cambodia.
Please send your portfolio to [email protected] before December 30, 2022 including:
– a CV or biography ;
– motivation for your participation in the project ;
– video excerpts from recent creations ;
– optional: other relevant document to your proposal (mood board, letter of support, press review, etc.).
– this call is for emerging Asian artists
– selection will be announced in the fall of 2023
– the project (residency and broadcast in Cambodia and Canada) will take place in 2024; exact dates will be announced.